Sunday, December 6, 2009

Led Zeppelin did some good!!

http://catherinesherman.files.wordpress.com/2008/09/ledzeppelin-1969-promo.jpg

"You need coolin', baby, I'm not foolin'
I'm gonna send ya back to schoolin'
Way down inside, a-honey, you need it
I'm gonna give you my love
I'm gonna give you my love, oh

Wanna whole lotta love
Wanna whole lotta love
Wanna whole lotta love
Wanna whole lotta love"

Beside the laugh that gets cut off this is the opening of Led Zeppelin II. It's a monster album. It may be one of the Led Zeppelin albums I cannot get tired of. I love III and House of the Holy, but the middle passage of "Whole Lotta Love" is more then likely the most intense pieces of rock and Roll. This middle passage last for a little over 2 1/2 minutes. I can only imagine what this song sounded like on fresh vinyl and for that matter with some really great head sets.

Led Zeppelin is one band I have problems grasping their love. I can defend a lot of music in my time, but the stuff Led Zeppelin stole from other artist is utterly amazing. I know that I might offend some people, but I want you to tell me your defense. Please I had problems trying to write this with no offense indented.

http://i.realone.com/assets/rn/img/9/3/2/8/16428239-16428241-large.jpg

In my time of me listening to Led Zeppelin I shake my head at "Stairway to Heaven" and most of all "Black Mountain Side." Each song has roots long before Zep took it and made seem like their own. Zeppelin II is an album of many colours and shapes and great sounds.

Each song on Led Zeppelin's second album is a mighty morsel for anyone to digest. Every time I listen to this album I have fresh new ears and hear things that I have never heard before. With the help of Andy Johns and Eddie Kramer this album has a feel of a great classic rock album.

http://jandemessemaeker.net/music/bandimages/Led%20Zeppelin.jpg

John Paul Jones showed us what he had when he was playing the bass on the first Zep album, but on the second one he just decided to sufficate you with his playing. His grooves are tight and keep the who band together. What I like about his playing is the fact that if you listen to "The Lemon Song" you can hear him keep that song together so well. He makes up bass lines no one on earth could do.

There are other songs of John Paul Jones playing more then he should, but does it well. Listen to the opener of side two. "Heartbreaker" is utterly amazing and shows how well he could play. What I find extreme joy on this album is the last song. No one on earth who was white could play harmonica like Plant did. "Bring It On Home" beginning has wonderful promise as a huge debt to Sonny Boy Williamson. It's a song I think that should have not ended the album.

http://agaudi.files.wordpress.com/2008/06/led-zeppelin-ii.jpg

This concludes my Led Zeppelin post. I think what you got hear is a very good Zep album. If you are looking to start with anything they have put out, I would start here. It was my first Zep album I bought. 1969 was an amazing year for Led Zeppelin and this album proves it. Enjoy a wonderful album.

No comments:

Post a Comment