Thursday, February 18, 2010

Witches and Devils Are Going To Fall

http://www.kevchino.com/graffix/bandphotos/mark-e-smith_thefall_bp.jpg

I' am not sure when my Fall love happened, but when it did I did not look back nor did I go what the hell. I just accepted it and loved every minute of this new band that I had to listen to. The Fall are a quirky band to follow, because they don't fall in the definition of a band that represents a "Post-Punk" style. They are very British and like Wire are different in their approach to guitar and other instruments. The Fall add cheesy keyboard, but that makes them a little more unique then other bands.

The other thing with The Fall is that they may have changed various members in the band, one main member is Mark E. Smith. They are also the busiest band too. In the time they formed in 1976 they have put out about 30 albums out and numerous singles. They do have a great compulation of music out on 2CD's for people who need an introduction to them called 50,000 Fall Fans Can't Be Wrong. The one thing with The Fall is something you should not get used to the singing or attempted singing of Mark E. Smith. He has a bad voice but a voice everyone who knows about Post Punk will hear what I mean.

http://thisisoffset.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/the-fall.jpg

The Fall have great following in Europe and when they come here it's rare and also a fun band to see live. I have only seen them once, but I tell you, I would see them every chance I get. Their disjointness makes up for what you hear in the studio. Brilliantly scabrous tracks are everywhere, one of the most memorable being "Rebellious Jukebox," simultaneously one of the most tuneful and aggressive songs from the early lineup, Smith pouring it on along with the band as a whole. Smith also chants and yells over a quick, semi-rockabilly shamble and attack punctuated with unexpected stops and starts.

If you want to be somewhat hip you should check out The Fall. I am sorry I could not add more to this post, but it is a band that should be heard. If you want to hear individual albums then this is the best place to start. Enjoy!!

Oh! I wanted to say the reason for this post is because of a new Fall album and hopefully a US tour. Like all Fall albums their titles are great play on words. Your Future Our Clutter is out May 4th. The last two Fall albums were very good so I hope to expect this one will be also.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_l7D2mU64OMg/StS_JIXmc3I/AAAAAAAAAcM/SifQoJeXEcw/s400/Live+at+the+Witch+Trials.bmp

No comments:

Post a Comment