Saturday, February 6, 2010

Whitefield Raw!!

http://www.crazybirds.nl/uploads/whitefield_brothers.jpg

I am going to slightly deviate from what I normal talk about with an artist and a album and do a quick suggested debut album. I am doing this because their second album should be out soon and I am looking forward to listening to with excitement. The Whitefield Brothers are a down-and-dirty funk group that makes raw, organic funk using nothing but instruments and an Afro-Caribbean sense of rhythm.

The debut album by them is called In The Raw and that is a great title because of it's raw sound is a welcome and fresh musical sound so badly needed in music today where some music is processed and not original. The music is a throwback to hearing this band at downtown bars that had live music all the time. The organic sound of Organ, Guitar, Sax, Drums and Bass makes it sound so wonderful and great.

http://passionweiss.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/in-the-raw.jpg

Suggested by a few friends at the local record store I quickly picked it up and put in my CD player in the car. It is a well done album with some great vibes. On allmusic's web page it says it came out in 2001, but when you listen to it now it has added three more tracks and sounds great and fresh. Supposedly the album is more then a decade old and it baffles me that no one picked up on it. Enjoy an album that I am sure will be on heavy rotation and will create conversations where ever you go.

No comments:

Post a Comment