Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Day Two: Death of Fuzz

When I got word yesterday that Dickie Peterson died yesterday at his home in Germany. I felt like I lost the fuzz sound in fuzz bass. It may seem odd that I think that way but Blue Cheer was a monster of a power trio. They were famous for a short while and had a great come back about 3 years ago in which myself saw them at BAR in New Haven. I was in awe on how great they were. The comeback also made it feel like i was back in 1969. They Played there cover of Summertime Blues what felt like a half an hour. I was thrilled to be part of a great moment. Their First album was one of the coolest that I had the pleasure of listening to. It maybe short (33 min) for a rock LP but it packs a lot of punch for an album that screams murder. A great cover and a hit for them was Summertime Blues. Aside from that there is a few other gems these include Rock Me Baby and Parchment Farm. If Universal was smart they should re-issue this and their second Outsideinside. They scream bonus material or for that matter live stuff from that time. I found a great picture of them that you will see below. Well enjoy a classic of all classic 60's albums. Oh yeah, by the way! The artwork which I will also show is pure sixties. Have fun!


https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEh2ZiNNDBjmglSBDrhu0HbECtTrMn4G85dpFCs07gCkwGmEuL8XYqCKKCsakHHKZtmMaimJ770wXzyBOnlQZaY650hCynel66HGFU-OgQm31z-NMOaXvLTYAWzGGVGUoMe35a-yxy_Tjn4/s400/vince.bmp

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEh0PURNnEq0iXnQH81qSH_XpZUOdQPOLVKfy9au4VvrQ9lPST6howIgaTrmLV670_X7LzkNrpFWtDrE84x4vskxs9CUSV1H_v_PaNW90WgeKVFrbED6nEiiluS2bIebHvanK7IP9jq19yY/s400/blue+cheer+1.jpg
http://rapidshare.com/files/137281179/Blue_Cheer_-_Vincebus_Eruptum___1968.rar

No comments:

Post a Comment